Cincopa Gallery

...

Saturday, 30 November 2013

Solving Blogger image problems...

Ik ergerde me steeds meer aan hoe mijn foto's er de laatste tijd in Blogger uitzagen. Ze waren donkerder en grijzer en ik vond het niet mooi. Gisteren vond ik de oplossing op het hulpforum.

Het probleem ligt bij Google+. Bij G+ is er een instelling die je afbeeldingen automatisch verbetert. Dit blijkt ook je Blogger afbeeldingen te beinvloeden. De standaard instelling is aan (Normaal) en je moet dat Uit zetten. Ik wil geen Google+ account om verschillende redenen. Maar ik moest er één openen, de instelling voor afbeeldingen uitzetten en dan de account weer deleten.

En hieronder is het resultaat. Dit zijn de margrieten van mijn vorige post, precies dezelfde foto opnieuw geupload vanaf mijn pc, nadat ik de instelling had uitgezet. Zie je het verschil? Pfffff..... ik hoop dat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

~~~~~~~

I was so annoyed with how my photos turned out in Blogger lately. They were darker and greyer and I did not like it. Yesterday I found the solution on the helpforum. 

The problem is in Google +. In G+ there is a setting that automatically enhances your images. This also seems to affect Blogger images. The default setting is on (Normal), and you have to turn that Off. I don't want a Google + account for several reasons. But I had to open an account,  turn the setting for images off and then delete the account again. 

And below is the result. These are the daisies from my previous post, the very same photo uploaded from my pc again after I turned the setting off. See the difference? Pfffff..... I hope this is of help to others as well.


after


before

26 comments:

Blaga said...

Thanks for sharing, Judy. I also hate uminvited help!

Maggie Latham said...

Thanks for this....I too have been having problems with my images.

Judy said...

So do I, Blaga, I'm glad I found out how to fix it.

Hi Maggie, yes I noticed you had problems as well. Glad to help!

Eva de dueñas said...

Querida Judy, a mi me ha dado tambien muchos problemas el google+, prefiero blogger. Tus margaritas estan fantasticas, insinuadas y vaporosas. I love it. Greetings

Studio at the Farm said...

Thank you so very much, Judy!!! That is good advice - glad you looked into the issue.
Kathryn XX

Catharina Engberg said...

oh I haven´t thought about that Judy :-/ I have Google+

Judy said...

You are welcome, Eva and Kathryn!

Catharina, just change the settings, you don't have to delete your G+ account, if you don't want to.

Laura Moore said...

Thanks Judy for the tip. Great flowers. Your talent still shines through even in the darker photo.

Gert Jan Hermus said...

Ja, dat heb ik ook gehad met mijn foto's. Ik moest er op een toevallige manier achter komen...

Groeten uit Sneek!
http://dzjiedzjee.blogspot.com

Celia Blanco said...

I missed these beautiful flowers, gorgeous colors, they look dreamy! I don't want to be on google+ either and find them to be pushy. This is a great tip, thank you for sharing it!

Judy said...

Thank you Laura, the white bg of my blog and this painting may be too much white. But I like the images on my blog to match my paintings in real life.

Voor jou als fotograaf, GJ, net zo frustrerend als voor mij als schilder, denk ik, als je afbeeldingen niet kloppen.

Thank you Celia, I hope it helps you too!

Sandra Busby said...

Wow - that is SO much better!! I have had to un-link my G+ from blogger as I come up as a no reply blogger when i make comments otherwise... :0)

Judy said...

I won't ask you how you did that, Sandra, sound awfully complicated!

Hanneke said...

Goede tip Judy, ga het zelf ook snel doen. Je margrietjes zijn heel mooi, ja en was interessant college van Robert Dijkgraaf over Einstein.

Tito said...

Thanks for the warning, Judy. The difference is very clear. Ciao.

Tina Moriano said...

Gracias por el aviso. La acuarela preciosa. Un abrazo

Pat said...

Remarkable difference!
I'm not impressed you have to join G+ , change a setting and then delete your account. How annoying!

Judy said...

Ben benieuwd of het bij jou ook verschil uitmaakt, Hanneke. Ja dat was heel interessant, dat college.

You are welcome, Tito!

De nada, Tina!

Really annoying, Pat!

JANE MINTER said...

hi judy .. i thought it was G+ but hadn't found how to resolve it with out having G+...many thanks , glad you managed to resolve it ....have you tried uploading another photo yet judy ? ...hope you don't have to re-set it each time you upload an image.

Judy said...

Hi Jane, I have reuploaded older photos to replace the darker ones and that went ok. Once uploaded the lighter photos are kept in your Picasa webalbum and they are safe, I deleted the darker ones there. I hope I don't have to reset again in the future.

Laura Leeder said...

The difference is quite significant, thanks for sharing this information along with your pretty daisies!

Judy said...

Thank you Laura!

Floriana Quaini said...

Ciao Judy,
ultimamente mi sono un po' "persa" con i commenti.
Ho riguardato ora i tuoi ultimi lavori e ti ritrovo sempre delicata e bravissima!
Molto belli i segni zodiacali, ma anche tra animali e fiori non scherzi proprio.
Il tuo tocco di pennello è sempre quasi aereo e crea effetti eccellenti.
Ciao, abbracci, Floriana

ashok said...

awesome flowers Judy

hmuxo said...

Wow! First of all, I love the flowers...as always, you achieve such softness with your work... and I appreciate you sharing the google info with us... I can see a definite difference!!.

Kev's Art said...

Many thanks for the advice. I love these daises, so delicate and such great handling!!